FAQ Lifeline Groups:
How long do the Lifeline Groups meet?
Each Lifeline Group will meet for 1 hour each week.
Currently, Lifeline Groups are undergoing an 8-week experience called Exploring the New Testament. During that time, Pathfinders will meet on Saturdays at the Municipal Building in Wylie. It is recommended that, at the end of the study, the Lifeline Group get together for a potluck dinner and a service project.
What do I need to do to prepare for a meeting?
Exploring the New Testament is a study committed to a simple idea: let’s actually read the Bible! Whole books. In community. There are only three requirements:
1. Commit to reading the New Testament from start to finish.
2. Read 5 days a week, using the Weekly Reading Schedule which will be provided. Each day’s assignment will take about 20 minutes to read.
3. Meet with your Lifeline Group once a week to talk about what you’ve read. Think of these gatherings more like a book club than a traditional Bible study.
Pathfinders will meet Saturday mornings to work on fitness and fellowship. All you have to do is show up ready to walk, run, and/or jog.
Is there childcare?
It depends. Many of our Lifeline Group Home Hosts have arranged childcare at their homes. During registration you should be able to see which groups are arranging childcare.
What if I miss a meeting?
No problem. If you miss a Lifeline Group meeting, don't worry, just come back next week!
How do I join a Lifeline Group?
If you are a member of Wylie UMC you can join a Lifeline Group by:
1. Logging into your MEMBER ACCESS.
2. Click available groups in the upper lefthand corner.
3. Then click "Join Group" for the group you wish to join.
If you are not a member, do not have a login, or cannot register using the previous steps then email Pastor Will Pasieczny, and let him know which group you wish to join.