FAQ Lifeline Groups:
How long do the Lifeline Groups meet?
Each Lifeline Group will meet for 1 hour each week.
Currently, Lifeline Groups are undergoing an 8-week experience called Covenant History: The Torah and Former Prophets It is recommended that, at the end of the study, the Lifeline Group get together for a potluck dinner and a service project.
What do I need to do to prepare for a meeting?
Covenant History: The Torah and Former Prophets is a study committed to a simple idea: let’s actually read the Bible! Whole books. In community. There are only three requirements:
1. Commit to reading the Torah (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy) and the Former Prophets (Joshua, Judges, Ruth, Samuel-Kings).
2. Read 5 days a week, using the Weekly Reading Schedule which will be provided. Each day’s assignment will take about 20-30 minutes to read.
3. Meet with your Lifeline Group once a week to talk about what you’ve read. Think of these gatherings more like a book club than a traditional Bible study.
Is there childcare?
It depends. Many of our Lifeline Group Home Hosts have arranged childcare at their homes. During registration, you should be able to see which groups are arranging childcare.
What if I miss a meeting?
No problem. If you miss a Lifeline Group meeting, don't worry, just come back next week!
How do I join a Lifeline Group?
If you are a member of Wylie UMC you can join a Lifeline Group by:
1. Logging into your MEMBER ACCESS.
2. Click available groups in the upper lefthand corner.
3. Then click "Join Group" for the group you wish to join.
If you are not a member, do not have a login, or cannot register using the previous steps then email Pastor Will Pasieczny, and let him know which group you wish to join.